Primary Design Officer/Engineer
Job no: 504782
Work type: Full time (7.5 hrs)
Location: Station Place
Who we are:
At Enerven, we want our work to make a difference. By connecting ideas, people and technology, we’re constantly learning, adapting and designing solutions that are safer, more sustainable and more cost-effective. We offer an outstanding culture focussed on safety and wellbeing, within a supportive working environment that fosters and recognises achievement.
Enerven specialises in the design, construction and maintenance of electrical, telecommunications and renewable infrastructure, with specific expertise and experience in South Australia’s distribution and transmission networks.
At Enerven, we’re focussed on connecting you with tomorrow
Enerven are seeking an experienced Primary Design Officer/Engineer to join their Engineering Design Team. The role will be responsible for providing infrastructure design & engineering as part of the Enerven Engineering Team. Primarily this includes the design of Substations, BESS (Battery Energy Storage) and Renewables infrastructure facilities to the required specifications and standards for Enerven’s intrastate and interstate clients.
The Primary Design Officer/Engineer will:
- Provide technical engineering services in the areas of substation and BESS;
- Produce engineering drawings of the nature:
- Facility Layouts
- Footing & conduit design/layouts
- Trenching & cabling design/layouts
- Structural steel design
- Fencing design
- Building architectural and designs
- Auxiliary systems including septics, oil separation
- Produce engineering calculations and reports of the nature:
- HV bus electrical
- HV conductor electrical
- Fire studies
- Participate in the development of the templates, tools & procedures to improve the efficiency and quality of Primary Design deliverables;
- Work with the business development team to secure new contracts for Enerven, participating and driving Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) works, solutions development and engineering support;
- Ensure compliance of design with the relevant design standards, statutory regulations and Australian Standards;
- Implement value engineering initiatives throughout the entire project lifecycle; and
- Provide site-based engineering support during project construction and commissioning phases.
What you will need:
- Degree in Electrical / Mechatronic that will allow admission as Corporate Member of Institute of Engineers, Australia (subject to role)
- Chartered Professional Engineer as defined for registration on NPER register or able to obtain it (subject to role)
- Current SA Driver’s license.
Skills and experience with electrical design software’s will be seen as highly preferable.
Help us share in a brighter future with Enerven in a key role with a great supportive team, vibrant culture with genuine career development opportunities available. In addition to working with a fun and dynamic team, 12% superannuation, 17.5% annual leave loading, flexibility with working hours, up to $800 annual electricity bill reimbursements, paid parental leave and automatic income protection coverage are only some of the added benefits we can offer.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Candidates will need to be prepared to undertake a pre-employment screening including a police check.
If you require further information or have any questions regarding this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now