Primary Design Officer
Job no: 504986
Work type: Full time (7.5 hrs)
Location: Station Place
Who we are:
At Enerven, we want our work to make a difference. By connecting ideas, people, and technology, we’re constantly learning, adapting and designing solutions that are safer, more sustainable, and more cost-effective. We offer an outstanding culture focussed on safety and wellbeing, within a supportive working environment that fosters and recognises achievement.
Enerven specialises in the design, construction, and maintenance of electrical, telecommunications and renewable infrastructure, with specific expertise and experience in South Australia’s distribution and transmission networks.
At Enerven, we’re focussed on connecting you with tomorrow.
The Primary Designer is accountable to the Lead Primary Design Engineer and is responsible for providing infrastructure design & drafting as part of the Enerven Engineering Team. Primarily this includes the design of substations, BESS (Battery Energy Storage) and renewables infrastructure facilities to the required specifications and standards for Enerven’s intrastate and interstate Clients.
- Provide technical engineering services in the areas of substation and BESS
- Produce engineering drawings of the nature:
- Facility Layouts,
- Footing & conduit design/layouts,
- Trenching & cabling design/layouts,
- Structural steel design,
- Fencing design,
- Building architectural and designs,
- Auxiliary systems including septics, oil separation
- Perform detailed Substation project design work as required including red pen mark ups for others to draft
- Perform design checking activities on designs by Primary Design Officers and others as per assignment of Technical Authority procedure & Team Leader
- Provide cost estimates for regulated and unregulated work in the required time frame
- Active involvement and support for innovation and continual improvement programs within the group
- Support the development of standard designs within Primary Design and identify where they can be utilised
- Attend SiD and all design review meetings where required
- Active involvement in developing QA compliant procedures and processes for Primary Design
- Attend site to assist with design issues.
- Ensure efficient integration and co-ordination with other disciplines during design and review meetings
Role Specific Competencies
- Specialised knowledge of the HV equipment and Primary Design Principles
- Aust Regulations & Legislation, SAPN Standards and Aust. Standards
- Estimating skills for detailed Primary Design scope of works
- CAD drafting skills
- Drawing Management and other data system procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Project Management (Planning, organising, and prioritising) skills
- Knowledge of Substation earthing Schemes
Help us share in a brighter future with Enerven in a key role with a great supportive team, vibrant culture with genuine career development opportunities available. In addition to working with a fun and dynamic team, 12% superannuation, 17.5% annual leave loading, flexibility with working hours, up to $800 annual electricity bill reimbursements, paid parental leave and automatic income protection coverage are only some of the added benefits we can offer.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Candidates will need to be prepared to undertake a pre-employment screening including a police check.
If you require further information or have any questions regarding this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now